Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Trivia!


It's that time again. Myself and PoolDawg bring you Monday Trivia! Remember, just answer in the comments and be sure to leave a way to contact you. I was informed that you should enter your email address using at instead of @ to avoid spammers. The first person with the correct answer gets a $10 gift code from the wonderful people at PoolDawg!

This weeks question: Where did I win my first state championship??

I was going to do a post this weekend but I was really caught up in the action going on. I watched pretty much the entire Oscar Dominguez/John Morra race to 100! That was some awesome playing and definitely and awesome production by The Action Report! The world of livestreaming has really come a long way. The TAR guys have definitely raised the bar! Way to go guys. If you didn't get to see it, you will have to support TAR and buy the dvd! Be sure to check out their store. They have a great variety of t-shirts, hats and dvd's. They do great things for pool so please try to support them!

As for me, I am headed to Houston on Friday for the Houston Open. I will post somethign again later in the week. If you are planning to attend please leave a comment or send me an email. I'd love to meet some players and fans from that area!

Good luck everyone!

5 comments:

  1. OK, total give up guess, but Illinois, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2009 Oklahoma State 8-ball Championship?

    HeLLFiSH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magoo's Billiards in Tulsa, Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah said Aug 5th 2009 "My break worked for a few more games and helped me win the Oklahoma State 8-ball Championship!! How ironic is that? I've never won a state championship before and it ends up being an 8-ball tournament...strange!"

    Google Sarah Rousey "state championship" and the second hit... I thought this might be hard to find the answer since I was expecting it to be before all the other winnings listed by AZBilliards. It isn't on Sarah's AZBilliards page, will they post it? I would provide a link but last trivia question I tried posting a link to Sarah's AZBilliards page it gave me some error message about the URL...

    In an earlier post Sarah said she would tell us more about her top ten finish in the WPBA event in CO, tell us more please.

    More questions, you don't need to answer them all at once...

    Are you going to the US Open 9ball Championships in Virginia Oct 18 - 24?

    If you do go it would be nice to say hi in person or if you are driving you might stop by our local pool hall near Kilmarnock, VA and we could play a few games.

    I am working on my game a bit and I have noticed (on TV matches) how the 3 cushion players seem to have a big advantage in the safety game. I do ok with banks, although I still need practice with banks and english... Ga Young Kim seems to take 5 seconds or less to figure how how she is going to hit those 3 cushion shots, and of course she is great at them. How do they setup those 2 and 3 bank shots?



    And my public service announcement for today, especially the diabetics like Sarah and myself. Splenda is Evil!

    Splenda should have never been approved by the FDA and I expect it will be not be legal once more studies are done. I used to use it for coffee, and I drink a lot of coffee, and started getting headaches. So I did a little research and found no long term studies have been done on it. Short term studies show all sorts of problems, headaches are one but the other things sounded scary, enlarged organs was the one that made me stop using it right then and there. I use stevia now, it doesn't taste as good as sugar, or my preferred raw sugar, but it seems very safe and diabetic friendly.

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. this PEZ here. i dont know the answer 2 that quetion, but i ll take a guess..... Maine! i dont know. your site is tight!!! all the those pics makes it all interesting. oh by the way , i saw your tattooooooooooooo! it looked good! dang. so did you go 2 NY. Love park or is that like in the future. ? i got a question 4 you...whats harder, 9ball or 8ball? i think 9ball. i just won a mini tournament with my friends, and their H8rs, cause i got 1st on 9 ball. they say 8ball is harder. what s your take.?.......and by the way splenda is not EVIL!

    ReplyDelete