Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hello!




Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I've had a lot of people ask me to try this out and I've always been hesitant. I'm sure most of you that are reading this know me from Jimbo Army and AZbilliards so you know I am better at answering questions that are asked rather than just writing about myself and what is going on. But...here it goes.

I guess I'll start by saying (in case you didn't already know) I'm a professional pool player. I have been a Touring Pro on the WPBA since 2003. That year I won the Rookie of the Year award. Since then I've had my ups and downs but things seem to be coming together as of late.

I've been playing pool on and off for about 16 years. I quit a few times to try to be a normal kid and it didn't work out. I guess it was meant to be!

I was born in Bloomington, IL and still live there. I went to college in Elmhurst, IL when I was 17...which ended up leading me to the WPBA. I qualified for my first pro event when I was supposed to be studying.

I try to go to as many events outside of the WPBA events as I can. Don't worry, I will tell you all about them. Right now the countdown is one to a little slice of pool heaven (okay, just 3 weeks of it). This would be known as the Music City Open and the Derby City Classic. I'm going to try to defend my title in Nashville starting this coming friday.

I'm open to suggestions on what everyone wants to know and what everyone thinks needs to be done. I can say the plans I have that I am trying to figure out (I'm a bit blog illiterate). I plan on putting up a map of all of the places I visit this year. Including pictures and descriptions. I usually have my laptop with me at every event (no, not for pleasure, for work) so I can keep everyone updated.

I hope everyone will come back and check up on what's going on!!

7 comments:

  1. Ummm...1st attempt= OK. Room for improvement, as you kinda missed the vital information. We need to know your SSN and mother's madien name. A bank account number as well as a routing number would also be benificial. Please do not claim that you have nothing in such an account....we saw you win money....it was played on national TV...no excusses...please try harder on attempt #2. Until then I will be waiting with my pen in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Sarah. Post some pictures of the Music City Open so those of us stuck in 9 to 5ers can see what we're missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome to the world of Blog. Looking forward to more from Sarah. GL in Nashville! See you at Derby. p.s. I want to do a "What's in the case?" with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sarah!

    I am looking forward to read your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys...sorry I couldn't update from the tournament. It won't be like that again. Stay tuned...I'll have something up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, welcome to the blogasphere. Don't worry about coming up with content, I find that once my fingers start moving the page just fills itself.

    Have fun take care and may all the good rolls be yours.

    ReplyDelete