Monday, April 12, 2010

Big News!

I have to give a big thank you to my sponsor PoolDawg for entering me in the 2010 US Open 9-ball championships!! I have to give a big thanks to Barry Behrman as well for opening this years tournament to men and women. I think it will be a big success for everyone!

Here is the press release courtesy of PoolDawg:
PoolDawg to Enter Sarah Rousey In the US Open 9 Ball Championships

Lafayette, CO April 12, 2010 — PoolDawg, the recognized leader in online billiards and game room supplies, is proud to announce that they will be sponsoring WPBA Touring Pro Sarah Rousey in her attempt to become the first woman in history to win the US Open later this year. As the first woman to officially enter this event, Rousey will be breaking a long standing gender barrier that previously restricted entry to men.

“This is something we’ve wanted to do for some time now, so the timing of Mr. Behrman’s announcement allowing women to enter the US Open couldn’t be better.” said Michael Feiman, PoolDawg’s Director of Marketing. “Sarah continues to do a wonderful job representing our brand at billiards events and we are proud to have one of the up and coming stars of the WPBA represent us at the most prestigious domestic event in pool.” When asked about being given the opportunity to play in this event, Sarah said “After years of experiencing this great event as a spectator, I am thrilled to get a chance to play with the best men and women in the world! Thank you Mr. Behrman and PoolDawg for this opportunity.”

Sarah Rousey, a resident of Bloomington Illinois, is one of the rising stars of the WPBA, coming off a 5th place finish at the 2010 San Diego Classic. She holds wins over top pool players from around the globe and will pose a unique challenge to the 2010 field of the US Open. She will be accompanied to the US Open by PoolDawg’s trusty mascot, Frank. Fans will be able to follow Sarah’s training and preparation at http://www.sarahrousey.com and http://www.franksdawghouse.com.

About PoolDawg.com, Inc
With over 3,000 pool cues, cases, and game room accessories, PoolDawg is the premier destination for pool players of all levels. PoolDawg offers one of the widest selections of cues, cases and accessories on the web and carries billiards products from over forty manufacturers including Scorpion, Cuetec, Mezz, Lucasi, McDermott, Schon and Viking and can be found online at http://www.pooldawg.com.

Contact: Michael Feiman
mike[at]pooldawg.com
http://www.PoolDawg.com

Please remember to thank and support PoolDawg for helping me! Remember to use the discount code ROUSEY to receive 5% off all of your PoolDawg purchases.

I will be back later with a post and a trivia question.

6 comments:

  1. That is pretty awesome. Must be very motivational too. Congrats and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I know this was last year, but I'm curious as to how it went? I hope you performed well. I'm an aspiring pool player and man...it's tough!

    Best of luck in your future competitions.

    Michael Brooks - webmaster
    Rocket Spanish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sarah. Interest in 9-ball has risen over the years and I think you will start to see more of these company sponsored events. Good Luck,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah

    I too am really interested in how it panned out. It is all too rare to see women being given these opportunities and recognition in sport. Perhaps one day we will see you on TV.

    All the best in your future career. Perhaps when you have more time on your hands you will be able to use your celebrity status to help raise awareness for the need for CPR certification.

    Best regards

    Laura King
    CPR certification

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish that I was good enough to enter into a championship, but alas I have had a lack of proper practice in the sport. Some day I'll have my own game room with a pool table that I can practice on to my hearts content. For now I have to settle for the occasional game at a friend's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great opportunity and much kudos to Pooldawg for the sponsorship of the tournament. There should be no reason that a woman can't enter the fray and kick some butt at this fun and addictive sport. We gotta drop these archaic ways of thinking...

    ReplyDelete