Sunday, January 25, 2009

Derby City Day 2 (for me at least)

I'm sure everyone already knows that the Derby City Classic is one of the main events of the year. I'm not sure how exactly to describe this all. If you want a game, no matter what level or game, you will find it. Everyone has been saving up all year to say they played, gambled, or attended the DCC.

Many people have been asking about the new venue. I have to say it is a very nice place, but very spread out. I am definitely getting my exercise between walking to the room and back and walking through all of the different tournament rooms. I would have to say there are at least 10 tournament rooms. Some of them have two tables, others have ten. Lots of places for the sharks to lurk!

I got here a bit late so the whole thing is just starting for me. I have so far spent most of my time in The Action Report booth. I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing my squeeky voice already but hey, it is the best seat in the house! So far the action has been pretty light compared to DCC standards. Things are looking up though with a rumored Shane Van Boening/Efren Reyes match. If that goes off...look out!

As for me, I'm playing in the one pocket event (hey, don't laugh, it's the only way to improve!). For those of you that have been to the DCC you know there isn't a set schedule or bracket. You wait for you name to come up on a monitor and look for how long you will wait on your assigned table. For me, I've been waiting so far since 1pm....my name isn't even on the board yet! I'm not complaining because I think that may mean I got a buy first round but it does mean this is going to be a very, very long day.

Other things going on...well, I've had the chance to see a lot of old faces and meet a lot of new ones. I don't talk too much usually, but being here really makes me come out of my shell! If you are reading this and plan on coming up later in the week, please be sure to say hello!

I believe everyone and their mother know about The Action Report, but in case you didn't, tune in! The fun is just beginning and it's guaranteed to run 24/7!

I'll be back with pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice thoughts on the DCC!
    And I kid you not!

    Would love to see the pics and all!

    All the best!
    AnitoKid

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sarah this is Ty woods from Dalton ga you are doing a great job keep up the good work if you see hennesse tell him Ty from Dalton said hello and that ill take the 6 out for what ever lol

    ReplyDelete