Friday, April 23, 2010

Update and Trivia!

I haven't been around for an update in quite some time. I really haven't had a ton of things going on since I got home from my big adventure known as the month of March! I have just been getting back to the daily grind of work and catching up. I am going to start my everyday practice next week until Vegas. I've also started an exercise program....that is the most shocking news to date! So now on to the other things that are important over the past couple of weeks...

First, earlier this week my buddy Mike at PoolDawg let me know that I will be traveling back to my favorite place on Earth, New York City!! I get to go hang out with lots of famous people playing pool for a fundraiser put on by Justin Tuck of the Giants! Frank and I will get to do a little hob-nobbing with some professional athletes and stars! I have never done anything quite so star studded so I really can't wait! Plus, any reason to go back to the place I love!!!

Second, I have decided to run a BEF Junior National Qualifier here in my hometown. I keep in touch with quite a few kids that I met at last years tournament and realized that they need another place to qualify. The BEF has been something very important to me over the years so I decided that I should try to help out a little bit. So if any of you know anyone under the age of 19 that would like to participate, please contact me here, on azbilliards, facebook or through the email link over to the right. If you don't live in my area, please consider holding one of these tournaments. It isn't too costly and it is really appreciated by the kids. They are the future after all! You can contact Laura Smith of the BEF by visiting the website.

Here are the details of the tournament:

Date: May 29, 2010

Where: Illinois State University Bowling and Billiard Center (site of last years BEF Junior Nationals)
700 West College Avenue
Normal, IL 61761-4405

What: 19 and under division, Top two finishers receive entry into the 2010 BEF Junior nationals in Dekalb, IL.

14 and under division, Top two finishers receive entry into the 2010 BEF Junior Nationalsi in Dekalb, IL.

Entry: $20. $15 goes toward BEF membership and $5 to the venue.

Equipment: 9' Brunswick Gold Crowns

Format: Race to 7. Double elimination with one race to 9 final.

Doors open at 11am and play will begin at Noon.

There will be trophies for first and second place in each division. If you have a girl that is any age under 19, please let me know. I would like to help any girls that would like a chance to play as well. I will gladly nominate them to play in the girls division.

I would also like to mention that any money that is donated via paypal from now until May 29, will go to the four kids that qualify through this qualifier. I know it is very costly for the kids and parents to travel to these tournaments. If you would like to donate, you know the drill, click the donate button and send it on over. Please specify that you would like to donate the money to the juniors. I really appreciate the help and I am sure the kids will too!

Third, I finally finished my next article for AZbilliards. I'm not sure if everyone knows that I started writing a monthly article last month. It is located at the bottom of the main page. I'm not sure when it will be published but it should be soon. I hope everyone enjoys it and thank you to AZbilliards for giving me the opportunity!

Fourth, a fellow blogger in this crazy blogosphere has decided to do an interview with me! I have to thank my buddy p00lriah for coming up with some serious questions! If you haven't read his stuff, it is pretty interesting! He is part of the monthly Pool Synergy stuff as well. There are links to all kinds of other blogs as well. I was told the interview will be posted on April 28th so be sure to check it out by clicking here!!

And last, but not least, PoolDawg trivia!!! This weeks question isn't all that hard but to start to get the Vegas fever moving a long it will be a Vegas inspired question! Who won the World Pool Masters event last year??? Remember to include your email address with your answer in the comments section. The winner will receive a $10 PoolDawg gift code!! You can always save 5% on your PoolDawg purchases by using the discount code ROUSEY.

Good luck everyone! Now that I look back, I guess this week really hasn't been quite so lacking in excitement!!

8 comments:

  1. Darren Appleton

    Ron.Mason@chipstofix.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot the email :P

    BitingWaxTadpole@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops . . . cat's out of the bag. anyway, thanks for doing the interview ms. rousey!!! it was super awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tadpole. I sent your gift code last week! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo! sarah's in the top 20! train hard so you can win the us open in july!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, what exercises are you doing? Which ones are best for best Pool performance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing reviewzonesmash

    ReplyDelete