Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good-bye, adios, au revoir....

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm not getting ready to fall of the face of the Earth or anything! I'm just talking about what has been happening this week. It seems as though Good-bye has been the theme for pets, siblings and boyfriends.

On Monday my cat Max was put to sleep. I know, how girlie, but this cat was really awesome. He was fifteen years old and possibly one of the coolest cats to ever live. He was there for me all the times I was sick or wanted to play or needed to keep warm. He was not exactly a small cat. If any of you ever spoke to me on AIM in the past, you saw a picture of dear Max. He wasn't exactly a small cat..usually weighing over twenty pounds. Rest in peace Maxie! Here is a blurry rememberance of Max..
Next up, my baby sister Kaeleigh. On Wednesday she began her own life adventure and a really long drive to Phoenix, AZ. She is going to grad school at ASU. She's my best bud so it will be sad to not have her only a couple hours away or her weekend visits to home! The only good thing, I'll get to go visit Phoenix. I've never been there, but I hear it's nice! Here she is...my baby sis, leaving the nest..
And finally, today Jason went back to Canada. It is tournament time in Toronto and he is playing in the Canadian Championships. After that he is off to the Philippines again to play in the World Cup of Pool. For almost a month I'm losing my own personal chef, coach, and everything in between. Good luck Jason. See you when you get back!Even my cat Newton was trying to leave for Canada with Jason!
As for me, it looks like this is the only place I will be going for the next couple of weeks...
The big question is, where will my next adventure be. I have choices. Should it be to visit my pals in New York City or to go work at the APA Nationals in Vegas?? I guess it all depends how much time I can get off work!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Max....nothing "girlie" about it. Any pet you have for 15 years is part of the family. We had a dog and it was rough when he left us. Now we have a Macaw that will outlive my wife and myself! Planning on making a trip up to a White Sox game before the end of the season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. I'm sure hoping to make it to a game. I've only gone to a Cardinals game this year. I guess I am running out of time! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Max... Got myself a cat two years ago and hate the thought of her dying...

    Going to Galveston? If so, good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry bout ur kitty salah! We think you should go to vegas and come home w/us to NY!! We'll drown ur sorrows w/cheesecake!! Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop me a line if you get up this way for a game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theres always Turning Stone next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, sorry about the kitty, at least you have good memories of the cat.the cat gave you happiness in the time you had it. i think you should go to ny and visit, "love park"thats where the pro sk8rs are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pez. You are exactly right. Believe it or not, I actually used to be able to skate a little. I'd really like to check out the park you are talking about...just to watch though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well sarah, if you go 2 love park, take a pic and post it, that woud be tight!!......and yes, just watch, dont sk8, or your pool career will be over!

    ReplyDelete