Friday, August 7, 2009

A New Addition

If you wonder what there is to do on a Friday night in Bloomington/Normal, IL, the obvious answer would be...get a tattoo. My little sister, Kaeleigh, came up with the bright idea earlier in the week. She is getting ready to move to Phoenix, AZ for grad school and thought it would be a good way to start a new part of life. Of course, I'm always game for something. She had her tattoo all picked out, a quote that she saw somewhere (I think someones facebook page. Yes, I'm being serious!). Her quote, "Fear is momentary, regret is permanent."

As for me, I thought about my options...hmm...I love pool (most of the time at least) maybe something pool related. Or, how about one of my sponsor logos, I mean I do love those guys too...
But for some reason, I don't love them enough to advertise on my body permanently! You will have to keep reading to find out what I decided on.

After work we headed off to Graphic Flesh in Normal, IL.
I decided earlier in the week that my tattoo would be in the middle of my upper back. I heard it was kinda painful in that spot but when I got there, my guy Tim, told me the tattoo on my wrist hurt more than this one. I have to agree with him on that one! Since Kaeleigh's tattoo only took about 15 minutes, she was on hand to take pictures of me in a bit of pain (I'm sure she liked that!).
What the picture doesn't show is the sweat beading up on my forehead and my sweaty palms! All-in-all the whole ordeal only took about an hour. And here is the end result... I think it is a pretty cool quote and a good motto for life.

So remember, if you for any reason are ever in Bloomington/Normal and get a hankering to get a tattoo or piercing, go toGraphic Flesh! The staff is pretty cool, especially this guy, Tim. He did a great job and from what I hear tattoos are addicting so I will be visiting again!Other than all that...check in Monday for the beginning of PoolDawg trivia questions. I'm going to test you guys how much you've been paying attention. Thanks to PoolDawg, we will be giving away $10 gift certificates!!

7 comments:

  1. that tattoo came out really cool! i cant wait to see it once some of the redness goes away. it really didnt hurt as bad as the wrist tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...so what chapter of the Hell's Angel's are you applying for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, it wasn't bad Buddha. It actually hurts worse today than it did yesterday. Pete, if I answered that question, I'd have to kill you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm that's sorta big..

    AndyB is getting really intimidated by Sarah lately

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 tat's, I'm guessing there's some peircing going on as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only two tattoos AndyB, don't get worried yet. The only thing pierced are my ears!

    ReplyDelete