Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What a Jerk!!!!!

I know, that is what all of you have been thinking of me for the past month or so. Sorry. I needed a break from all things pool related. For a couple weeks, I didn't even read the forums, answer emails, or check blogs. That is something I have never done before...NEVER!

When I got home from overseas, I was exhausted and had to go right to the WPBA event in Michigan City. I know, quit complaining, I wasn't the only one that had to do that. I did however, think I was getting a cold. It got worse and worse and I really didn't play all that well. I didn't even stick around to watch much of the tournament. I left as soon as I was knocked out...by Helena, who played great. When I got home, I kept getting more and more sick and gave in, finally, I went to the doctor. Let me tell you, that swine flu test is not cool! A big swab, stuck up your nose, not just in your nose, but tickling your brain practically!! Ten minutes later, no swine flu, but a nice case of pneumonia. Nothing like a couple weeks of coughing up a lung or two. With some breathing treatments and antibiotics...I was alive and well again, kinda.

I went to the tournament in Bristol, played awful, but had a good time. I will have pictures and stuff later. I am at work and I was feeling really guilty about not doing this in so long...so no pics right now. I can say Janet's pool room is awesome. If you get a chance to go to Bristol, TN, definitely visit Borderline Billiards.

If you are friends with me on Facebook, you saw that I am pretty nervous about giving a speech. Well, here in my hometown (Bloomington/Normal, IL) the Junior Nationals and ACUI championships are being held at Illinois State University. Laura Smith, a fellow WPBA player and head of the Billiard Education Foundation, asked if I would be the guest speaker at this years opening banquet. This is really an honor, but I am not the greatest public speaker. In fact, I passed out once in speech class and haven't given a speech since! That was twelve years ago!! I have the speech written and after I give the speech tomorrow night, I will post it here. I don't want to ruin the excitement of all the kids getting to hear my shaky voice give the speech. I sure hope video cameras are prohibited!

Again, I'm sorry about the break. I have had a lot going on personally, just trying to figure things out with myself and I didn't want to rain my gloom upon all of you. I will put pictures and everything else up tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for sticking with me and checking up on me. Thanks to my friends that sent emails making sure I was still alive. I appreciate it....and I am alive!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again Sarah. Hope those things you were dealing with resolve themselves for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my first and last speech in 9th grade speech class. I know how you feel. Anyway glad you are feeling better and we all love you.

    Gravy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a nobody in pool but can I be a bit of a sponsor?let me know what amount I need to send monthly (or whatever,whenever) my bag is the one on AZBilliards.com built and designed by Jim Mernak{you can still see the pictures just type in the search Vietnam)
    Thanks
    Irish
    aka
    DirtyIrish

    ReplyDelete