Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Happenings and Trivia!!


First off, I have to congratulate last weeks winner Tim. Thank you for playing Tim and thank you to everyone else for trying. Good thing Monday comes around once a week!

Here is the PoolDawg question of the week. In honor of getting the chance to go to another World Championship in a couple of weeks:

Where and when did I play my first World Championship?

Be sure to leave your email address along with your answer! The first person to answer correctly wins a $10 PoolDawg gift code! Remember, everyone that shops at PoolDawg can also use the code ROUSEY to get 5% off your purchase!

Now, this weekends happenings. I went to Brickyard Billiards (formerly Airport Billiards) in Indianapolis. They had their semi-annual bar table 9-ball tournament. I did not do so hot!

A few weeks ago I kind of decided that I hate the bar table. It is the type of hate that I imagine addicts have. They hate the way it feels, but they have to try it again and again. That is how I feel about bar table pool! Sometimes I don't mind playing on the bar table, other times I can't stand it. I have had my fair share of success and I think that is what keeps me coming back. Something about the inconsistency of bar tables gets me. Sometimes you can play on really nice ones (Diamonds) or really crappy ones that are not well maintained. Sometimes you get a good set of balls, other times you get a mismatched hodgepodge. Sometimes you get a good cue ball, sometimes you get a mud ball. It all doesn't help when you play pretty horrible too!!

Needless to say, I didn't play all that well and pretty much did horrible in the tournament. I did get a chance to practice a little on a nice Diamond nine footer. That was a good thing since I don't get a chance to practice on nice equipment.

If you get a chance to visit Brickyard Billiards, do so. The new owners have really made the place look nice and if you are looking for a little action, you will definitely get that!

Good luck everyone with the trivia! Thank you PoolDawg for sponsoring the weekly trivia!

5 comments:

  1. or maybe the women's world 10-ball championship, june, 2009, Manila, Philippines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. predator international 10-ball championship, may 2009, las vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2000 World Junior Championships in Quebec City.

    big buddha

    ReplyDelete