Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Me in real-life


This where the paycheck (self-sponsorship) happens, Heartland Home Medical Supply, Bloomington, IL. Yes folks, I really do work!



Beyond the bright lights and beauty of the WPBA while at work things are obviously completely different! This is me on an average day at work...hardly recognizable, I know. At least the proof that this is really me, notice the closed eyes. My desk is a beautiful mess. I do know that I happen to have a phone, stapler, paper clips and all other things that are required of an office job are somewhere under all the paper. Notice the necessary Diet Coke that is ever present upon my desk.

What exactly is my job description, well that is easy, a little bit of everything. I guess the main job would be Medical Billing. Throw in a little patient confirmation, account management, prescription sending and reader of messy doctor handwriting. All of this equals my job.

My office is towards the back of the building. Up front there is a showroom with all of the medical equipment you can handle. You need a wheelchair? Got it. You need oxygen? Got it. You need sleep apnea equipment? Got it. As you can see, this is the place to visit if you are in great health!

We have a total of nine employees. We all kind of help each other out with whatever needs to be done. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that my Mom is one of the owners of the business. I affectionately call her Mom-boss. This allows me to travel and still play pool all while earning a paycheck and full health benefits. Luckily, I can work remotely from tournaments and the road.

This is my healthy work addiction (with help from my co-workers). Everyone should buy stock in Coke products just based on my daily consumption. I admit, I have an addiction!



So when you are wondering how professional pool players really get by...now you know. Granted I do quite a bit of slacking with the slack crew at jimboarmy.com and watch my fair share of TAR matches and answer my emails and work on my blog....I really do work!

5 comments:

  1. Thank's for sharing a piece of your'e life!
    I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh c'mon... We all know you have a hollowed-out Volcano you work out of that has a 6 x 12, 5 x 10, bar table, 4 x 8, and 4.5 x 9 (both in Diamond and Brunswick). And a 3 cushion table. And a bumper-pool table.

    You are secretly funded by Coke, and monitor the world via secret agents, wiretaps, and satellites. Once you detect boredom, you heroically blog to keep us entertained.

    You feed your enemies to your cat. Hence, his size...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahaaa...you know me too well Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for a sponsorship from Diet Coke? :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    I'm in Alaska and my husband just came and asked me which one of my cousins is playing professional pool. My maiden name is Rousey and my dad's family are from Bloomington Il. I have 2 sisters that still live there as well as aunts and uncles and cousins.(all Rouseys) We are from the Kentucky Rousey's and are just wondering if you are also. It's possible we are shoestring cousins some where done the line. As of now(7:30 pm June 1) we are watching you play in southern florida and you are 5 to 2 against Gerda. Keep up the good playing! I'll check the blog and see if you know more about and family connection.

    ReplyDelete