Friday, March 6, 2009

Amway Cup World 9-ball Open!!

Well, I was just invited to the Amway Cup in Tapei, Taiwan. It will be held April 29-May 3. I am really excited since this will be my first time playing in this event and my first time to leave North America! I have been invited in years past and I turned it down because I felt like I wasn't ready for that task. Finally, I think it is my time!

The only catch with all of this is the struggling economy. Because of this the BCA cannot give the players any type of stipend to get to the event. Therefore, I am looking for a little help. If you would like to make a donation you can do so here, over to the right on the Save A Pro section. That link goes directly to may Paypal address. I offer signed pictures and cueballs in return. I am also going to have a patch that each person that donates or has donated will receive. I will wear the same patch to give recognition to everyone while I play. Soon I will also have T-shirts, hats and other merchandise. If you make a donation and specify what you might be interested in I will send it to you when they are available. I am guessing the trip will cost around $2500. I'm not asking for that full amount from one person (though it would be very generous). This is a group effort. Any little bit helps!

Thank you all in advance...even if you just say congrats!

I look forward to sharing this whole experience with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I want to help you,but I don't know how to do,because i'm a chinese student and i'm not good at english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lu, you can donate through paypal if you have a paypal account. If you do there is an icon just over to the right on this page that can take you to my paypal account. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Maybe a money order? Thank you for wanting to help. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete