Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amway Day 1

I'm not sure how many of you saw me play on the live stream, which was also on live TV here in Asia...but the only word I have to describe today is disappointment. I'm very disappointed with myself for how bad I played. I know I can say that I was tired and not used to things, but it was upsetting. I am just starting to get a lot of confidence in myself and I have to admit, I was knocked down quite a few levels.

I lost both of my matches today. Pei-Chen Tsai beat me 7-4 and Karen Corr beat me 7-2. I'm not exactly thrilled with how I played. I have updates and all of that but it is very late right now and I am very tired. I'm sorry to leave everyone hanging but right now getting a little bit of sleep is more important (not that you guys aren't!). My first match is at 10:30 am. I still have a chance to get out of my group. I need to be sure to win at least two of my three matches for the day.

Other players that are looking pretty good...Karen Corr, Jasmin Ouschan, Kelly Fisher, Monica Webb, and the qualifier out of group H..Xiao-Fang Fu. No one is playing exceptionally well but I think everyone will adapt a bit better tomorrow.

I will give a better update tomorrow when I have more time. Sorry! Here is a clue as to how tired we were at the end of today...

7 comments:

  1. gee another photo with your eyes closed!

    go get'em sarah!

    we got the stream set up so we'll be watching. i like all the patches...you look like nascar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Sarah - stay with them - remember they can miss too! - Maldito

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Jay said, "another photo with your eyes closed". Believe it or not, that's a GREAT sign. It means that the old Sarar is back & you're gonna kick a$$ today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget your eyes.. I can't believe you wore that outfit!!!!! Haha jk.. Hang in there home slice youll get the cash. - Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha...my eyes were supposed to be closed this time!! It's not great today, but at least I won a match.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay in there - I've got confidence in you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pic of Monica, Kelly, and you... well your eyes are closed, of course, but the shot of Monica & Kelly is priceless. What great expressions!
    Chris Davis

    ReplyDelete