Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing....

So far, today is going much better than yesterday! I made it on time to the airport in St. Louis. I got a chance to hang out with my little sister, get some new music on my iPod and not really sleep much. It wasn't too bad (yes, I'm trying to look on the bright side!). My flight went as planned and I arrived in San Francisco around 12:30pm. I got to see some nice scenery when we passed over the mountains. Looks like there is still quite a bit of snow.

With the luggage issue yesterday I had to hope that my bags would meet me in San Francisco. I waited for about half an hour and no sign of a flight from Chicago coming in. Oh great! Then I decided to actually use my brain and just go to the American Airlines office and ask...sure enough, there it was, safe and sound!

After my long walk of carrying my bags to the international terminal...I am finally here, waiting the long wait. My flight leaves at 1:20 am. That means I am about 9 hours from take-off as I write this. What do I have for entertainment?? Well, I have my little mini computer made by Dell. This thing is awesome to travel with. It weighs maybe two pounds so it is easy to get through security. If I was your typical girl I would probably say that it would fit in my purse...but I'm not, so I won't. Okay, so back to my entertainment...I have the internet so I can do all the fun stuff like chat with my friends, facebook, blog, and so on. If I liked making phone calls I could call people. I have five books but with all the drama of yesterday and one five hour flight already today, I have already read two of them. My other dorky love, crossword puzzles, I have plenty of those to do. And at some point in time, I hope I can get some sleep! A view of my entertainment...

One of the cool things that has happened today is talking to some friendly people. I decided to stick my sponsor patches on my backpack so I would know if I saw it. This has prompted people to ask questions about playing pool and where I'm going. It's been really nice to know that people think it's a really cool opportunity. It is making this hellish trip more worth it!

And last but not least, a picture of me after such a great day yesterday, not much sleep and one flight....please be kind. Warning: no make-up is worn in this picture and the photographer sucked! (yes, it was myself)

9 comments:

  1. Keep a low profile.... you never know when TMZ has a camera looking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Best of Luck to you in the Amway Cup.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. steer clear of the creepy old business guys at the airport!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, looks like you stole Monkey's glasses. I won't even till you how i used to pass time at airports.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. we're glad you made it to cali... u bored yet? i'll be online for a little bit if u wanna chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you succeed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. poolmonkey, she has been chatting with me all day so yeah she's bored

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was a great photo!!!

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    I meant the photo of the money.

    Put it in action and double it :D

    Keep blogging. My experience with the tournaments in Asia is that there is lack of information for fans, so do your best to keep us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol - just realised the photo of the money was in the other post!

    Damn... Should be an edit-function on the blog for retarded people like me...

    ReplyDelete