Friday, January 8, 2010

This Weeks Review

Wow has this ever been a busy week! The Billiards Digest article, PoolDawg re-signing, trying to figure out a plan for 2010, a snow storm, ahh, time to breathe for a minute! Okay, get moving again...

Monday I did something that I haven't done in a long time...I went to the pool room. Shocking, I know. One thing that kind of bugs me is when people say, "Don't forget about us when you get famous." or "I'm sure you won't speak to us again once you hit it big." That is not the kind of person I am! It is obvious when I go to the pool room here in town. My parents used to own it and there is still a crowd that remembers me from when I was about 10 years old. When I was that young, I tried to compete with these guys. My favorite part about going to the pool room on Monday night is seeing all of these guys and hanging out. It is a guarantee that there will be a bank ring game and I love it when they ask me to play. You will probably never hear more smack talking anywhere in the world! So for $5 a game entertainment, we played for a couple of hours. The whole time I get a chance to catch up with everyone and have a laugh. My favorite part, they all still see me as the kid I used to be. They don't see me as anything else but I can see how proud everyone is of what I have accomplished. It is almost as if I walk into a room of adoptive Dads! I will share my embarrassing, first time banks ring game moment now. When I was around 11, I decided I wanted to try it out. My first shot was a cross-side bank. I walked up, ready to shoot, thinking I was just going to fire it in...I called my shot...Cross-eyed. hahaha. I still don't live that one down!

The rest of the week has been dedicated to catching up at work and also doing everything I can to promote myself for the upcoming pool season. Sure, I blog at work, that is no secret. Sorry momboss! There aren't enough hours in the day to do everything!

Also this week, a nice snow storm decided to hit the midwest. I'm not sure if I have said it before, but there is NO use for snow in Illinois! We don't have any mountains, hills, anything that we can use to make snow fun. To go sledding in my town, we go to the golf course. Otherwise, just thank the snow for making a mess of your car, house, clothes, ugh! Since this storm came on Wednesday and Thursday it put a damper on my plans to head to Wisconsin for the Olympia Open III. The roads in central and northern Illinois were closed yesterday. So, we missed the 9ball tournament. Don't worry, I promised to be there and I will be. I am leaving work early today to make the trip up to Oconomowoc, WI to play my favorite game, barbox 8ball. Yep, that is sarcasm! Last year I met a lot of cool people and I hope to catch up with them and meet some more cool people this year! There are two streets hidden somewhere in here...

So lastly, the t-shirts. I have sent the design off and I am hoping they are ready next week. Thank you all for your help with the design. I had a lot of feedback via comments, Facebook, and email. I really appreciate it. I have narrowed it down to design 3 (surprise, surprise) but now I am stuck on the color. Keep in mind this design is going to be cleaned up. Let me know which you like better. Do guys like purple?? The design is going to be on the back of a black t-shirt. On the front, over the left side of the chest will be my autograph, nickname, and website. What do you think?

Thanks again everyone! I have received a lot of emails and Facebook comments and messages regarding the article. I really mean it when I say that I couldn't have done much of anything without everyone that reads here and follows along with what I do. You guys have built me up when times are tough and helped me enjoy the good times. I can't wait to start this year!

4 comments:

  1. What a great article, and what a wonderful example you are to not let adversity get you down. Glad to see that PoolDawg picked you up for another year, and I loved how you gave it to Charlie Williams, who couldn't deserve it more.

    Best of luck in the new year, may it bring you happines and runouts galore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man thats freaking tight! you being on the front of billiards digest mag. cant waint to get it. and i cant wait for the viejas tournament in alpine, for sure ill take the mag so you can sighn it ! well any ways , i know you ll have a good year as a player, well peace out untill the next "post a comment " ............ooouuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!....great article geat cover shot too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go with the red as the purple may get "lost" on a black shirt, depending on how large or small you make the logo. Nothing like a red heart on the back of a Heartbacker!

    ReplyDelete