Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Week to Forget

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you would just like to forget? That is how I am every year when the week that January 21 falls upon. That is the day I was diagnosed, my anniversary as I call it. The celebration of the day my life changed and my longest relationship thus far, 17 years now. Maybe it is the psychological part of things that make that week suck or maybe that week is just doomed in my book. Usually, I am the one to get sick. This year I was alright though. It was just a bad week.

The pool room was closed for a few days this week so they could get new carpet. Hopefully they will decide to recover the tables sometime soon as well. That means there was no weekly tournament this week. I decided to be a little lazy instead. The week was going by fine and then Friday morning I kept getting a phone call early in the morning from the same number. It is no secret that sleeping is my favorite thing to do and one thing I do very well. After about four calls from the same number, I finally woke up. It was the emergency room and my dad was there having chest pains. Apparently my mom is also a champion sleeper because they couldn't get a hold of her either. We both rushed to the hospital and got to talk to my dad. Thankfully we only live about three blocks from the hospital and it wasn't too busy at the hospital. My dad got in quick and the doctor took great care of him. He ended up having a heart attack. After a few days in the hospital he was free to come home and consider the changes in life that need to be made. He is just about back to normal now. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Dad in his new hangout spot with a little help getting better from Sophie the really fat cat:

After all the excitement, the week was finally over. Sunday was a good start to the new week. My grandma, Flo, celebrated her 88th birthday. Her favorite dish is spare ribs. Lucky for grandma, we have a good cook in the house...Jason. He whipped up some awesome ribs, corn, sweet potatoes, and fruit salad. I took care of the corn bread. I do have pics, but since I am at work, I will have to add them to the post later on. Use your imagination for now! Grandma and the ribs:


Sunday I also went to the Brad Paisley concert here in Bloomington. I am not a huge country fan, but I must say, this concert was an absolute blast! Thanks to my big sis Brandi for helping me get tickets months ago. I will add pics later!


I am a little upset that I didn't get to make it to the Derby City Classic this year. That tournament has been the official start and one of the highlights of the year for the past seven years or so. After all, it is the tournament to blame, err...responsible for introducing my boyfriend and I five years ago! I miss the action and getting to catch up with everything and everyone, but hey, life happens sometimes! If you would like to follow along with some of the action, here you goOnline TV Shows by Ustream Thanks to The Action Report for their great coverage of the action.

Other big news, I am going to Germany today with Jason. He is on the Canadian team along with Erik Hjorliefson, Tyler Edey and Alain Martel in the World Team Championships. I have never been to Europe so this is really an exciting trip for me. Plus, it is kind of a vacation. Don't worry Heartbackers, this is not where your money went. A sponsor of his helped us get there! I will have plenty of pictures and updates from the tournament action all week! This 8 hour flight should be a breeze compared to all of the trips to Asia! You can follow the tournament with online coverage starting on Saturday. There is a seven hour time difference from the east coast. Here is the website link. I am going to stay safe and say that I am going to cheer on North America! We made it to the airport, and no, I don't have food on my face, that is a big zit:

Last Thursday I got a chance to film a small spot for the local news. I was contacted by Brandon Arnold from WMBD in Peoria about doing a weekly, light hearted spot where he is challenged. We played a couple games of pool and chatted a bit. Thanks Brandon and WMBD for the opportunity! You can watch by clicking here.

So I can't say it was a horrible week, but I did need some time to just calm down and take it all in. I apologize for just leaving everything behind for a few days.

Here is what everyone has been waiting for, this weeks trivia, a little late! Thank you PoolDawg for sponsoring the trivia!

This weeks question: What players won titles in Banks, One Pocket and 9-ball at the first Derby City Classic??

Good luck everyone! Remember to leave your email address along with your answer so I can send you your $10 PoolDawg gift code. Remember, even if you don't win, you can always save 5% on your PoolDawg purchase by using the discount code ROUSEY.

Lastly, thank you to all of the Heartbackers who have donated so far! I greatly appreciate the support you have given. Everyone should have already received their shirts or will receive them by next Monday. I have plenty of shirts left! If you would like one, just donate any amount, $25 and up.

I will add pics to the post when I get to the airport tonight. Check back around 6pm for pics to be added!

8 comments:

  1. 1999 Derby City Classic Champions
    Banks: Nick Varner
    One Pocket: Efren Reyes
    9-Ball: Troy Frank
    All-Around: Efren Reyes

    -HeLLFiSH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the bad week, hope your father makes a full recovery.

    -HeLLFiSH

    ReplyDelete
  3. hay sarah you should haver a q&a section. what's your favorite book? pool related or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u look so happy. that makes me really happy. stay happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I'm in germany where is this tournament maybe I'll come by and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah :) Have a most excellent time in Germany (my mother was born there) - Europe's lovely and I hope you have a wonderful first-time experience. Do not be afraid to talk to people, even if you have to gesture to make yourself understood, it's a great way to break the ice. My best to your dad as well, see you soon!
    Love
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys. I am going to do an update later today. I have been sleeping a lot since I got here. Anonymous, the tournament is being held in Hannover. It is held in conjunction with a car show. There is a really cool Harley Davidson exhibit! I will post some pics later. Thanks guys and congrats Hellfish on winning the trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot, I would love to have a question and answer section if I can figure out how to do it. If anyone has ideas, please let me know. That would help me come up with posts and get feedback as well! Thank you for the idea! I dont really have a favorite book, but I do like books by Patricia Cornwell. I like everything though.

    ReplyDelete