Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winner!!


Congrats to Jordan for winning this weeks PoolDawg trivia!! The correct answer was Dorothy Wise. It is pretty inspiring that a woman that played at at time when pool was dominated by men, that she could break through. I don't have a ton of info on the subject, but I did get a chance to hear Mike Shamos speak at the WPBA Pacific Coast Classic. He gave a lecture on the history of women in the sport. It was really nice to see where it all started for women playing pool. If you would like to find out more about the history of billiards in general, you can look for Mike's book, The New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Pool. I own a copy of this and there are tons of great stories and pictures!

As for me so far this week, I went to the weekly tournament here in town and didn't do so well. I got beat by my dad and my boyfriend...nice guys! My dad was the always proud father and took a copy of Billiards Digest to show everyone. I jokingly told him that I am 27, not a baby and these are not baby pics. Of course the comeback was, "well, you haven't changed or grown much since you were a baby." Ha, Ha, Ha.

Next up, making the decision of missing some work and going to Nashville for the Music City Open or making a weekend trip to Beloit, Wisconsin for the monthly tournament at The Carom Room. Tough decision!

Thanks for playing the PoolDawg trivia and thank you to PoolDawg for the gift code! I'm going to start thinking now about next Monday's question. I will try to make it a tough one so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment